WIF/ABC TV Jimmy Kimmel Live Shadowing Initiative
The WIF/TV&Media Committee together with the Disney/ABC Television Group Talent and Diversity Committee, will select one member of Women In Film, Los Angeles to shadow the Executive Producer, a Producer and the Director of “Jimmy Kimmel Live” for one week in 2012.
Applicants should submit a work they have produced, segment produced, directed or written within the past three calendar years. This can be a script or produced work for a short film, TV episode, commercial, PSA or webisode. If the work has been produced and is viewable online, please include the URL; otherwise submit it on DVD (3 copies) with the application materials.
Please do not submit rough cuts, drafts, works-in-progress, full-length features, feature scripts or outlines.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to 5:00 pm Pacific Time on Friday, March 2nd, 2012 (delivered NOT postmarked). The initiative also broadens the experience for the winner to work with an executive producer and director.
CLICK HERE to download an application.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE ACTIVE MEMBERS OF WOMEN IN FILM LOS ANGELES ON OR BEFORE THE NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE OF 03/02/12. To join WIF CLICK HERE.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older at the time of application.
- This contest is open to women only.
- Finalists who live outside the L.A. area are responsible for the cost of their own travel and accommodation.
- All applicants will be evaluated by the quality of their submitted materials.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by the WIF/LA TV&Media ABC TV committees.
Download and complete the application and provide all supporting materials requested. All application materials should be submitted in one package, and MUST be received (not postmarked) by 5pm on Friday, March 2nd, 2012. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Women In Film is not responsible for any material stolen or lost (while in transit). For your own protection, please retain copies of all materials sent.
Due to the volume of applications expected, we cannot confirm receipt. If you would like delivery confirmation, please add this feature to your package at the post office when shipping your materials or send your package via another trackable delivery service (i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS.)
Ship the completed application package to:
WOMEN IN FILM
2012 WIF/ABC Shadowing Initiative
6100 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 710
Los Angeles, CA 90048
For consideration, your application must include the following:
- A work sample as described above. If you submit DVDs, please label each of the three discs with the title, running time, your name, email address, and primary contact number.
Please submit only work that reflects the nature of the contest and shows to your best advantage your ability to meet the criteria of the genre as described above.
- The following items (items 2a-2e) should be assembled in the following order. DO NOT USE STAPLES OR PAPERCLIPS. Please do not submit these materials bound in a notebook or any special presentation folder/binder.):
- completed and signed application;
- comprehensive resume detailing all applicable experience;
- biography no longer than one page in length;
- signed submission release form (attached and hereby incorporated by reference);
- [OPTIONAL] letter(s) of recommendation. Recommendations from entertainment industry professionals (i.e. producers, directors, executive, etc.) are encouraged, but not required. No more than three (3) letters per applicant will be accepted.
01/16/2012 – Applications Available
03/02/2012 – Applications Due (all applications must be delivered, not postmarked, by this date at 5pm, Pacific Time)
03/23/2012 - Finalists Notified
04/27/2012 – Winner Announced
The Jimmy Kimmel Show Shadowing Opportunity will take place between May and September, 2012.
Finalists must be available for in-person interview between April 13, 2012 and April 26, 2012. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone by Friday, April 27, 2012.
If you have questions or need additional information about this program, contact Jane Garcia at email@example.com
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE WIF OFFICE TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION